If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us by emailing email@example.com.
1. Why and how we collect your data
Information we collect from you may include name, address, email address, and postcode. We may also collect and record other relevant information you share with us about yourself, such as your interests in specific areas of our work, in order to provide you with tailored communications. The following explains when we will collect this data and the basis on which this data is processed.
When you contact us
When you contact us we will read and store your message and contact details, so that we can respond to you in the way that you would expect.
When you sign up to receive email updates about our work
When you have given us your active consent we will store the details you have given us so that we can provide the communications you have requested.
When you provide other information directly
When you directly provide us with other information in the course of answering surveys or questionnaires about your preferences we will store this information accordingly so that we can provide you with tailored communications.
2. How we use your data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- reply to enquiries you send to us;
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
3. When we share your data
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- we are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third party data processors; or
- we are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
4. How long we keep your data
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at appropriate intervals.
5. Rights you have over your data
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for rectification and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
6. Cookies & usage tracking
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded on to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a number of things, eg remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.